the real thing

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Been a Long time Since I Rock n Rolled...

I've neglected the blog.

But thanks to some prodding from Beth and some chic named Sara, here I am again. I should thank Sara for being so great to Beth these past couple of 'troubling' weeks. So thanks Sara, you've been really great ! I really am trying to get Cubs tickets too..

Yesterday I went to millennium Park for lunch and finally saw THE BEAN up close and personal. While linking this page, I found out its actually called "Cloud Gate " and not the bean. But anyway, the whole experience was rather humbling as I led a group of people on a bit of a goose-chase searching for Mecca.. aka the sub shop that also sells french fries. After we gave up, I was trying to lead them to the bean , err Cloud Gate and somehow we managed to walk right past it. I have no idea how you miss a 12 ft tall silver bean.. but I did. But lunch was really nice on the lawn of the amphitheatre. There was some sort of symphony orchestra with a huge choir singing, which was actually kind of loud, but not terrible. We found cloud gate after lunch and it was actually much cooler then I gave it credit for.

Maybe getting old isn't as bad as I thought. I got pulled over on the way to work the other day. Since I wasn't running late for the train I was only going about 55 in a 45. I really didn't consider that speeding because I usually go 60-65. However the po-po disagreed, but he didn't give me a ticket, he said "you have a really clean driving record, and I'm not going to ruin that for you today." That was probably the funniest thing a policeman has ever said to me because I've always considered myself "mr. ticket". But actually I haven't gotten a ticket since in '02 (in Indiana anyway) so I guess that constitutes a clean record. Maybe it wasn't my driving record... maybe the cop was feeling sorry for me because despite the fact I have duct tape all over my glove box door, it is still open.

Speaking of my car - I was at the bank making a deposit on Thursday when the teller asked me if I was part of the Fletcher-Jones car dealership family. I said .. "Umm, no - I drive a Cavalier and there is 53 cents in my checking account". He thought I was pretty funny.

I think thats it for now. I always think of good things to blog about when I'm driving home from work but can never seem to remember them when I get home. Kinda like when I hide a Barney Video a week before a birthday party so the kids won't see it, then I forget where I hid it when the time comes for the party. Or when I move all our important documents (marriage license, birth certificates, etc..) from the place where I normally keep important stuff to a "better place" .. and can't recall that place when it comes time for a cruise and we actually need those docs. But I can remember that that Rock n Roll is a song from Led Zeppelin IV, which happened to be the first (and only ) Led Zeppelin CD I bought (from BMG music club of course) in 10th grade... so maybe Everything's Not Lost.

5 Comments:

  • jflkajeroiwuohfnds;afuopiwrnweoiuywqeioirweyoewrqyweqr......sorry I just fell on to my keyboard from the shock of your post. LOL!

    And your just saying those nice things cause I promised you a free beer. ;) But seriously...thank you!!! Beth means the world to me!! :) Your a very lucky guy!!

    OK...why in the heck would they call it cloud gate??? LOL! I like the bean much better. So totally LMAO about you walking right past it...that is SO me. I am oblivious.

    Actually that cop was probably about to get off duty and didn't want paperwork. LOL! I got told once that since I pulled over so quickly that she wouldn't give me a ticket. I thought that was pretty funny too.

    Thanks for finally blogging and making me laugh. Don't let it go so long next time!!! You don't want me to hound you again. ;)

    By Blogger Sara T, at 9:41 AM  

  • ok...I'm asleep again.

    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    By Blogger Sara T, at 9:30 AM  

  • snooze fest, honey.

    fo' sho'.

    By Blogger Beth, at 12:04 AM  

  • I think I am in hibernation!
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    By Blogger Sara T, at 12:55 PM  

  • Hi Brian, I hope you are here. I just wanted to congratulate you on your new job. Do you think you could update once in awhile? Don't forget to help Beth in when she gets home.

    By Blogger Tracy, at 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home