the real thing

Friday, May 12, 2006

Better blog

"Better blog" as in "you'd better blog tonight"

I went to work yesterday (Thursday) for a half day as our household is still rather sick. It was raining and I brought my umbrella. Rain in downtown Chicago is an interesting thing because it is mixed with the wind. It has to be raining pretty hard to warrant actually using an umbrella because the wind makes it near impossible to keep control of it. About 75% of umbrellas are flipped inside out on any given rainy day in Chicago. Knowing this I kept my umbrella closed during the short walk from the car to the office. A few hours later I remembered I needed to go to the bank and I consciously did not take my umbrella. I got outside and it wasn't too bad but the further I walked, the harder it rained. By the time I made it back to the office it was pouring out and I was drenched and there was no wind at all, seriously.

1 Comments:

  • See...doesn't that wind and rain make you want to move down to sunny Seminole, FL??? I'll start searching for jobs for you now. :)

    By Blogger Sara T, at 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home